The Portavita Anticoagulation software supports VKA Treatment as well as managing the New Oral Anticoagulation (NOAC) therapy. INRs can be analysed by a lab or by a Point of Care device.
The Portavita Anticoagulation software supports several types of organisations:
- General Practices
- Anticoagulation clinics
- Health care institutions
- Home care organizations
- Self-management patients
INR values and other relevant information can be easily entered into the system via PC, tablet or smartphone. Based on this information, the health care provider is able to adjust the anticoagulant treatment quickly and easily.
The Portavita Anticoagulation software is also suitable for managing the New Oral Anticoagulation (NOAC) therapy.
The Portavita Anticoagulation application is considered to be a medical device that supports patients and anticoagulation clinics in determining the dose of anticoagulation medication within the therapeutic framework. Therefore, it complies with the requirements of European Directive 93/42/EEC concerning medical devices.
Registration number: NL-CA001-2010-3008122
The Portavita Anticoagulation Module supports the use of Vitamin K Antagonists in three different ways.
- The traditional treatment of patients from whom venous blood is taken: patients can visit a blood test desk or can be visited at home by a trained nurse.
- Self-management: these patients measure themselves with a POC device and, if trained, propose a dosage.
- Near-Patient Testing: patients in care institutions are measured with a POC device by trained healthcare staff and dosed by the anticoagulation clinic.
All those involved in the anticoagulation treatment can be authorised to make a specific contribution. The level of authorisation depends on the different roles and responsibilities allocated to the relevant health care providers. This allows you to delegate specific tasks to those parties who are most appropriate to carry out such tasks.
- The monitor screen shows the condition of a patient at a glance.
- Management reporting displays insights on a patient level, practice level and regional level.
- All data that have been registered can be used to support the financial process.
- The Portavita Anticoagulation Module can be integrated with other Portavita Care Management Modules, like Diabetes, Asthma/COPD, CVRM, Palliative and Elderly Care.
- Communication is provided through HL7 interfaces with hospital and laboratory information systems.
The Portavita Anticoagulation Module can also be used to support the effective and safe treatment of patients who use the New Oral Anticoagulation (NOAC) therapy.
Although New Oral Anticoagulants do not require routine monitoring of coagulation, it may be useful to monitor these patients on a regular basis. The NOAC file consists of the periodic tracking of CHA2DS2-VASc/HASBLED scores. It also allows you to capture an evaluation in which complications and issues such as comfort, safety and therapy loyalty can be recorded.
- All details of the anticoagulation treatment, including both the history and the current data, remain visible in a complete patient record.
- Data can be collected from test results in an unambiguous way, in order to generate a variety of reports.
- All relevant information can be shared with other healthcare providers.
- It allows you to make adjustments in the event of special circumstances, such as during surgery or dental visits, where anticoagulant medication can bring additional complications.
Portavita Anticoagulation – Near-Patient Testing (NPT) supports the cooperation between anticoagulation clinics and care organizations (institutions as well as home care).
Staff at the care organizations use the professional INR monitor to measure the INR of a patient, whereas the anticoagulation clinic administers the dosing.
- A finger prick is more patient friendly than a venipuncture
- When there is an abnormal INR, the care provider can easily ask the patient what the possible cause might have been
- The trained staff at the care institution extend their knowledge about the anticoagulation treatment
- The anticoagulation clinic and the care institution develop a better communication
The results of a scientific investigation demonstrate that the treatment results obtained using Near-Patient Testing are better than those using the regular working method. Study Near-Patient Testing
Portavita Anticoagulation – Self-management Module supports patients who measure their INR themselves remotely and who may also administer their own doses.
The Portavita Anticoagulation Self-management Module of oral anticoagulation has become widely accepted. It implies that the patient analyses a drop of blood using a home INR monitor. The patient can access the web-based patient portal to enter the INR and specific information for the health professional. The only things needed are an Internet connection and a device like a PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Patients can measure their INR at any time.
- Patients can measure their INR at any place.
- Clinically validated inbuilt algorithms provide advice regarding the next dose and test interval.
- The module offers improved efficiency for anticoagulation clinics and health professionals.
Portavita Academy offers a variety of e-learning modules.
This special e-learning programme environment consists of a number of e-learning blocks that have been developed to support all different healthcare professionals and patients in education on several parts of the anticoagulation treatment, novel oral anticoagulants and use of different INR monitors.
- The modules are tuned to the specific needs of the various users.
- Users can receive the e-learning training at their own pace.
- Users can follow the training at a time that suits them.
- After the training, the material can be used as reference.