For over 15 years, Portavita’s Health Management Platform supports anticoagulation clinics and their patients in managing the anticoagulation treatment, as well as care groups and their patients in managing treatments for chronic diseases like Diabetes and COPD, and prevention and risk management programs like CVRM and Elderly Care.
We focus on cooperation between different professionals and the patient in a region, and self management for the patient. Using Portavita’s software leads to higher quality care, increases efficiency and thereby reduces costs. Portavita has a strong base in The Netherlands, and is expanding in other countries, including Russia, Ireland, Suriname, Curacao.
Portavita’s platform consists of a monolithic php application backed by a Postgresql database, complemented with many micro-services written in Java and Scala, and a Kafka- and FHIR-messages based data bus. We are creating a Kubernetes cluster to run our services in Docker.
Our IT team, existing of 5 development teams and 1 systems engineering team, includes many young, highly trained professionals. To complement one of our development teams, we are looking for a
As tester, you work on our Health Management Platform (front and back-end) and the related web services.
We see testing as providing information to enable stakeholders to make decisions and we're flexible about how we achieve that.
You will work in an agile team and will be part of the testing guild at the same time: the guild will share experiences and methods, used to improve the testers work in the respective team.
Our tests are supported by automatic checks, implemented with our Java and Selenium test framework or SoapUI (or any other tools we'll consider useful): you will work with them and improve them with the help of every member of the development team.
If you get the job you will be expected to:
- take responsibility for your work
- apply intelligence and judgement at all times
- be able to justify your point of view and be prepared to discuss alternatives
- look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team and the company
You have most or all of the following attributes:
- experience in software testing
- experience in agile development
- experience in programming or scripting (e.g. Java, Selenium webdriver...)
- great communication skills, written and spoken
- analytical skills
- a questioning mind
- high intelligence
- flexibility, adaptability
- creative thinking
- strong initiative
- desire to self-learn
- desire to share
- a solid grasp of English is necessary
It'd be good if you had background in or knowledge of some of these:
- automation tools
- exploratory testing
- web services (e.g. REST)
- SQL or other database technologies
- performance testing
- some experience in using Jira, Teamcity, Jenkins, Docker, Git
And what you'll get from us is:
- great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- interesting, challenging and varied work on a complex application
- a license to test the way that best suits the task at hand
- a team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- a company that cares about its employees (the kithen is always open)
- the opportunity to make a difference
- time for innovation (20% of your working time can be employed for innovative ideas)
For further details, contact our test lead, Massimo d’Antonio, email@example.com, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500.
Terms of Employment
We offer a competitive salary, including a payment towards pension contribution. A part-time position is negotiable. Working hours are flexible and the possibilities include working partly at home.
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the success of our business, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of our vacancies is not appreciated.