Do you want to develop and challenge yourself further in the field of IT? Are you interested in IT in healthcare? And take pleasure in having the space and freedom to work the way you prefer in a professional team with an informal atmosphere? Then read on!
Portavita is an international leading eHealth supplier of Integrated Care Systems (ICS), based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The working environment at Portavita is challenging: medical information is complex; the database contains a large volume of data and accuracy is essential for medical details.
The Portavita application includes one of the largest online databases for electronic patient records in Europe. The web and database servers are located in a high availability setup in different data centres. Furthermore, we have identical test and development environments on hardware and software level. We offer many different services based on open source components. The Systems team has everything under its own administration and provides support and maintenance at all levels, this in close cooperation with the software development teams.
To reinforce our System team we are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer.
We are looking for someone who:
- embraces the challenge of working on complex IT problems;
- likes to take individual responsibility;
- thrives in an agile team;
- enjoys further developing a new product;
- can make a personal contribution to a project;
- has a broad interest that can pick up or introduce new technologies and solutions when appropriate;
- likes to help improving the quality of care.
Responsibilities and main activities
- Prepare and monitor the Portavita Hosting and System Architecture including standards:
- Networks and security systems
- Server architectures (web, database, communication, etc.) using virtualization and containers
- Compiling and testing of new server hardware (components)
- System maintenance:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, update and monitor server systems and networks (and automate it where possible)
- Documentation and administration of hardware and software
- Internal: consult and inform fellow system administrators and software developers within SCRUM teams.
- External: discuss with customers or users the functionality or technology of future systems or interfaces for systems.
Job requirements and profile
- A University degree in Computer Science (MSc)
- Hands-on experience in server hardware and data centre configuration.
- Thorough knowledge of and practical experience in (as much as possible of) the following items:
- Various Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Network design and security; firewall protocols (e.g. IPSEQ or PF), on internet common standard network, routing and communications protocols such as TCP/IP, http(s), DNS, SMTP, NTP, IMAP, SSH, etc. and communications security and encryption methods.
- virtualization - and/or cloud techniques (KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack)
- load balancing - and clustering techniques
- monitoring - and trending techniques
- configuration control (CFEngine, Ansible)
- version control (Git)
- Scripting (shell, bash, python, etc.)
- Web server and database configuration and control (Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Conceptual understanding and knowledge of some of the development environments and techniques Portavita uses:
- Internet standards and protocols
- PHP, Java/Scala
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka
- IntelliJ, Docker, Bash, Jenkins, Icinga
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- An excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- DevOps mentality
- Able to lead the team technically and/or process-oriented
Specific recent knowledge and experience
For this position we are looking for an IT specialist in heart and soul who wants to work in an innovative and demanding IT environment. Furthermore, regarding generic competencies, you are:
- able to quickly understand , process, analyse, and integrate the supplied information
- able to independently complete tasks and structure your own tasks and those of others
- reliably and precise
- able to communicate with system administrators, developers and users; actively listen and work in a team
- able to adapt to changing circumstances and, if necessary, willing to conform yourself to different working hours
Terms of Employment
We offer a salary at market rates, including a payment towards pension contribution, good and free lunch and chair massages. A part-time position is negotiable. Working hours are flexible and the possibilities include working partly at home. Additionally we will reimburse your travel costs and it is possible to make use of our parking spaces.
For further details, contact Martin Fleurke, via firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +31 (0)20 – 820 05 14, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications without motivation letter will not be processed.
Acquisition as a result of our vacancies is not appreciated.