Many different disciplines have a role in the guidance of elderly people. In order to support the coordination of this care, the use of an Integrated Care System is a prerequisite.
Therefore Portavita has developed the Elderly Care Module that can be used both fully integrated with other Portavita Care Management Modules for chronic care or separately.
Part of the module is an Individual Care Plan in which healthcare providers and other parties who are involved with the fragile elderly can identify and work on problems, goals and actions.
The Portavita Elderly Care Module fully supports the TraZAG documentation and provides support to users of the EASY-care system. These are several standardised forms to map the problems. Portavita could easily add the forms used in your region/country.
Article published in 'de Eerstelijns' about The Elderly Care Module of Portavita: Article Elderly Care
All those involved in elderly care can be authorised to make a specific contribution to the treatment. The level of authorisation depends on the different roles and responsibilities allocated to the relevant healthcare providers. This allows you to delegate specific tasks to those parties who are most appropriate to carry out such tasks.
The software also supports the volunteer caregiver.
Advantages of the Elderly Care Module:
- The monitor screen shows the condition of a patient at a glance.
- As soon as an examination has been approved, it is available in real time for other authorised users.
- Patients themselves have access to their personal health information.
- Patients can add information to the system and share this information with all relevant healthcare providers.
- Patients have access to their personal care plan with their own treatment goals.
- Information from wearables and other sensors can be added to the ICS.
- Management reporting displays insights on a patient level, practice level and regional level.
- All data that has been registered can be used to support the financial process.
- The Portavita Elderly Care Module can be used on any internet-connected device at any time from any place.
- The Portavita Elderly Care Module is integrated with other Portavita Care Management Modules, such as Diabetes, Asthma/COPD, CVRM and Palliative.
- An Individual Care plan is part of the module.
All patients have access to the Integrated Care System through their own secure patient portal.
As part of the Portavita Elderly Care Module, patients can:
- systematically work on goals and actions;
- safely exchange information with their therapists by using e-consultation messages;
- view results of examinations;
- read what was discussed during a consultation.
A recent study by the Julius Centrum voor Gezondheidswetenschappen en Eerstelijns Geneeskunde, showed that patients who use the Portavita Digital Log, value the system with a score of 8 out of 10.